GE Analyst 1 - Indirect Tax in Pune, India
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Asia
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Analyst 1 - Indirect Tax
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Indirect Tax Complaince
Manage wing to wing indirect tax compliance for allocated business. Specifically:
• Ensure timely Computation of Monthly/Quarterly tax liability along with filing of Monthly/Quarterly/ annual returns under Service Tax, Sales Tax & Central Excise and report exceptions, if any.
• Support Corporate Tax team on all the VAT audits and other Appellate processes through Supply of requisite data/preparation of suggested analysis required to defend such Government actions.
• Interface periodically with businesses on documentation, perform appropriate reviews and maintain custody of these documents to support audits/assessments/ refunds
• Support efforts around ERP implementations, process simplifications and automation of the upstream processes leading to the preparation of the Return. Also, support the VAT Team leader in operationalizing the new changes in the law
• Ensure correct accounting , accuracy and reconciliation of indirect tax balances in the books in line with the Tax filings, applicable accounting standards and GE policies
Chartered Accountant / CS/ ICWA/MCOM
Minimum 3 years of post qualification work experience on indirect tax compliance matters in industry.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with SAP/Oracle, ERP financial platforms
Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).