GE Advanced Manufacturing Engineer-Adhesive & Adv. Materials in Phoenix, Arizona
Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer-Adhesive & Adv. Materials
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Opportunity to join a world class team of high performing technical experts that will help set the standards and direction for our Global Supply Chain for advanced manufacturing technologies. This particular role will drive the vision for epoxy/adhesives, advanced materials, and application practices while supporting introduction of processes for new product development and existing manufacturing lines.
Drive efforts to improve product and process quality by performing material characterization studies, performing DOEs for process optimizations, and supporting a wide variety of analytical testing. AME I (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader across GE Healthcare. Interface with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Work with the established Adhesive & Adv. Materials COE to leverage the capabilities of our AME Lab and network of analytical resources to trouble shoot issues on existing manufacturing process, optimization for new processes/products and evaluate new advanced manufacturing technologies that support material processing.
• This role will support products and processes across all the GE Healthcare modalities as a critical role within our AME team as part of the Global Supply Chain.
• Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design that utilized adhesive/material technologies.
• Design and execute experiments around material characterization, surface preparation methods, process development, and product reliability through available lab analytical techniques and through supplier interaction
• Support process development from initial engineering feasibility through manufacturing implementation including verification and validation activities, equipment qualification, and initial production.
• Work in a laboratory environment including method development, equipment maintenance, sample preparation, maintaining EHS compliance, and general housekeeping duties.
• Monitor and improve productivity through the use of Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
• Support the Adhesive & Adv. Materials manufacturing process technology roadmap development. Leverage this to help set the direction of what our manufacturing and suppliers should be investing in.
• Versed in spirit of driving continuous simplification of QMS methods and their applications by working with cross-functional team including Operations and Quality Assurance. Work with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required product capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand
B.S. Degree in Material, Chemical or Bio Engineering or related technical degree and 2 years’ experience or Associates Degree and 6 years’ experience in production, engineering or troubleshooting of adhesive or adhesive material application systems.
Demonstrated troubleshooting, analytical and planning skills.
Domain expertise in the field of adhesives/epoxy technologies, materials characterization, and surface preparation methods.
Ability to work independently
Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
Ability to identify and implement Best Practices
Product and Process Development experience
Demonstrated program or project management skills
Demonstrated experience owning production processes / growing capability in yield and quality
Willing to travel domestic and internationally up to 25% of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Experience in operating and developing methods for analytical techniques such as DSC, rheology, mechanical testing, SEM, CSAM, etc.
MS/PHD in technical concentration/field
7+ years industrial experience in Material, Chemical or Bio Engineering
6-sigma DMAIC & DFSS certified
Experiences in Process Intensive manufacturing
Solid working knowledge of GEHC QMS procedures for GMP
Experienced developing tools and templates
Experience working with global teams