GE Technical Instructor in Pewaukee, Wisconsin
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Global Services Technical Instructor role is responsible for delivering, analyzing, designing, developing, and evaluating technical learning, ensuring that customer (internal and external) needs are met.
• Create a learning environment that encourages student involvement and participation.
• Contribute to overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements.
• Work with students and act as key technical expert and mentor.
• Stay informed about changes and innovations in their area of technical expertise.
• Collaborate in a team environment to drive a learning continuum culture.
• Support the LCS global service learning community through Performance Support Tool development and maintenance, empowering our students to optimize their support of our customers and their patients.
• Engage and provide training input into new product introductions.
• Maintain classrooms and equipment.
• Support eLearning initiatives as subject matter experts and instructional designers including WebEx design/delivery and CBT design.
• Facilitate hands-on and virtual lab experiences and maintain training equipment.
• Act as a key technical expert and mentor to FEs and customers.
• Develop and maintain working familiarity with Environment Health and Safety requirements and/or other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Maintain strict adherence to General Electric’s Spirit and Letter Policies
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization. Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable).
• Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience in Engineering, Training, or relevant product knowledge and experience; or associate degree and two years in Engineering, Training, or relevant product knowledge and experience; or High School Diploma and six years’ experience in Engineering, Training, or relevant product experience.
• Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office software applications.
• Willing to work from an office location of Pewaukee, WI and have a flexible work hours arrangement as needed
• Willing to travel globally as needed, approximately 15 – 20%.
• Willing to partake in a drug screen and background investigation if selected for the roleComplete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience with adult education principles, training design and delivery techniques, or experience in the installation and service of GEHC products.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer quality and customer satisfaction in and outside of the classroom.
• Experience in the instructional design process.
• Customer driven, results driven, and action oriented.
• Willing to take risks and is flexible.
• Team player and a creative problem solver.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to identify and adjust to students who have varied learning styles.
• Excellent written and presentation skills, with experience in innovative course delivery.
• Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to work with teams in a fast paced, high-energy environment.