General Electric HGV Driver / Operator in Peterborough, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Based out of Peterborough the Driver / Operator is key to delivering Mobile Water equipment to industrial customers across Europe. Upon arrival they will carry out the initial commissioning of the unit.
Transporting trailers, containers and skid mounted equipment from various depots to customers across Europe via HGV truck.
• Carrying out the commissioning of basic water treatment equipment on customer sites.
• Supporting Peterborough plant / factory operations through shunting / yard operations.
• Complying, promoting and not compromising with GE’s and customers Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
• Complying with all regulations related to HGV operation.
• Carrying out required checks and inspections on vehicles
• Supporting the businesses 24/7 capability by operating within the on call system in week days, out of hours and weekends where required.
• Working with the Logistics planners on identifying the best routes and scheduling to meet the customers requirements.
• Complete CPC training as required
• Proven work experience as a HGV driver
• Valid HGV class 1 license with no endorsements
• Experience of operation or maintenance of machinery / plant is not required but would be an advantage.
• Valid Passport
• Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
• Good computing skills, basic MS office knowledge (word, excel, outlook)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Is a good communicator who can represent the companies high standards in front of customers
• Excellent time keeper who can manage delivery schedules
• Enthusiastic person who can function in a rapidly changing environment
• ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams.
Locations: United Kingdom; Peterborough
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.