GE Services Technical Instructor in Other UP IN, India
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Services Technical Instructor
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Other UP IN
The Technical Instructor – Diesel Engine, Mechanical, and Electrical Systems will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet training development and delivery goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
•Provide leadership role in diesel shed and technical guidance to Sr Technicians and different teams engaged in maintenance of 4500 HP and 6000 HP locomotives.
Develop technical training curriculum and provide technical instruction, both classroom and hands-on to customers, internal GE personnel and GE field service personnel on GE Locomotives, GE Engines, GE Marine and Stationary equipment as well as other GE Products and Services.
• Deliver instruction to include safe familiarization, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of GE Locomotives
• Support the Product Training Group's mission to develop and provide high quality training to meet requirements for domestic and international customers, services growth, as well as, enhance and grow sales opportunities for additional products and services
• Develop instructional videos to compliment and support training needs
Bachelor’s in Engineering or applicable technical training with 7+ years applicable operations experience in maintenance of Locomotives, and/or transportation/rolling stock equipment.
Willingness to work in 24x7 operations - different shifts, various days.
Experience/exposure to IT tools for the purposes of planning and executing work.
Ability lead teams in a shop environment.
Good communication skills with aptitude for managing teams & multiple functional stakeholders.
Prior experience in the transportation industry.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in technical training or instruction
Ability and willingness to complete GE Transportation Locomotive Technical Level 1 Certification within 18 months of coming onboard and Level 2 Certification 12 months after Level 1 Certification.
• Work experience of managing diesel locomotive / rolling stock maintenance shed and should be technical proficient in understanding and maintaining locomotive system level and sub-systems level.
• Ability to analyze locomotive performance data, records, reports including loco self-test data
• Should be capable to adopt and effectively implement IT systems related to monitoring & maintaining Locomotives
Ability to promote safe & environmentally compliant work practices
• Curriculum development and instructional delivery experience in a technical training adult learning environment