GE Global Solar Hybrid Strategist in Other, Alabama
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Global Solar Hybrid Strategist
Business Strategy & Growth Initiatives
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
District Of Columbia
Other, Other, Other
The Global Solar Hybrid Strategist will work to develop understanding of global solar and storage versus wind drivers, focusing on where hybrids work economically as well as identify derivatives that make a hybrid solar / wind / energy storage successful (policy / rules / etc. drivers for market).
As the Global Solar Hybrid Strategist, you will:
• Analyze global wind versus global solar resource
• Build relative LCOE (Localization Center of Excellence) mapping tool based on resource tariff structure
• Analyze time of day solar versus wind factors for relative power pricing
• Understand market drivers for capacity payments
• Understand how to finance projects
• Quantify impact of shared grid connection on hybrid project
• Build integrated sales, marketing and application engineering tools to drive hybrid wind and solar sales (pricing / configuration / value)
• Identify new market opportunities and catalyst for business growth
• Work hand in hand cross functionally with commercial operations, product line to drive commercialization
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics and/or Public Policy or related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, business development or related professional field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Financial Modeling experience
• Power Market origination / trading experience
• Ability to work cross-functionally and across many stakeholders.
• Ability to message / communicate effectively to many stakeholders, including Senior Leadership
• Computer proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Process orientation and ability to continuously drive improvement
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills; clear thinker
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections