GE Electronics DFT Leader - eCOE in Open, Wisconsin
Corporate Supply Chain & Operations
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Electronics DFT Leader - eCOE
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Electronics DFT Engineer is recognized as a key technology leader within the electronics design and test engineering domain at GE. This leader will collaborate with GE electronics designers and EMS partners to ensure DFT and PCBA test strategy selection is driven into the electronics design process. The DFT leader will drive the use of standard DFT and test strategy tools, and will provide tactical support for test equipment transfer and ongoing test equipment stewardship at EMS partners.
• Act as the GE subject matter expert on electronics structural and functional test strategy.
• Identify/develop best practices and guide GE electronics design engineers on design optimization for best test coverage. Drive use of standardized PCBA test strategy, DFT, and electronics test specification tools and templates.
• Work with EMS partners to ensure GE-wide use of EMS DFT expertise, and drive electronics test optimization for optimized test coverage.
• Advocate for GE-wide adoption of standard test platforms for electronics functional testing at GE EMS partners. Collaborate with GE design engineers, EMS partners, and strategic test equipment integrators to train on the use of standard test platform technology.
• Support product electronics test equipment and knowledge transfers of work.
• Collaborate with and influence the Manufacturing Test Technology Council (MTTC).
• Collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GE Quality Manuals, Quality Management Systems, Quality Management Policies, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
• B.S. Degree Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
• 7+ years industrial experience in electronics DFT, and test equipment development
• Experience with electronics structural test (ICT, Flying Probe, Boundary Scan)
• Experience with electronics test fixtures (electro-mechanical fixtures)
• Experience developing DFT assessments using tools such as Vayo, Testway, or Valor.
• Demonstrated ability to lead/execute manufacturing technology or automation projects
• Experience developing documentation such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
• Demonstrated electronics troubleshooting expertise
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Willingness to travel up to 25%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• National Instruments LabView and TestStand software, and NI PXI hardware experience
• Experience with systems networking, database development, and remote access
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Demonstrated Lean/Six-Sigma practitioner or certification
• Experience driving high impact manufacturing productivity projects
• Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, aviation)
• Able to work under minimal supervision