GE QMS Leader in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, United Kingdom
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Subsea & Drilling
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
In today’s increasing global international standards environment, there is a need to lead and oversee compliance to ISO, API, and other applicable industry and Oil & Gas quality management system requirements. This is a strategic role designated the responsibility for owning and leading the effective application of a Quality Management System (QMS) within the business. This position reports directly to the Quality Leader.
• Own, manage, and monitor the ISO and API requirements
• Maintain / Extend & extend current & future ISO / API certifications
• Drive business changes to ensure continued compliance with API & ISO
• Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in quality audits to assess compliance to standards. Provide leadership for registrar, customer and internal audits.
• Drive compliance and leverage best practices to build the QMS infrastructure for business excellence and execution.
• Maintain and update all associated QMS Documentation
• Coordinate Oil & Gas and Subsea Systems QMS activities as required by the Quality Leader.
• Drive quick and effective closure of the Audit Findings. Help the case owners with guidance, advice and training to resolve issues within 90 days. Responsible for achieving "0" cases >90 days old, and a case aging P95 less than 90 days.
• Support implementation of the appropriate Quality Management System (QMS) changes across P&Ls and functions to ensure compliance.
• Work closely with Oil & Gas QMS teams to coordinate and support all activities.
• Document all known quality issues and audit findings. Perform data analysis and monitor trends within the business.
• Develop and maintain QMS compliance scorecard(s), metrics, and training. Provide key inputs for the Quality Management Review (QMR).
• Be the focal point and subject matter expert for all related Gensuite activities.
• Coordinate Non-conformance Note (NCN) Review Boards for audit findings.
• Work closely with the broader quality organization and business teams to drive business change that facilitates better quality
• Lead initiatives to improve the QMS system
• Perform duties as an internal quality auditor and RCA leader.
• Lead by example. Promote the Quality message, both internally and externally.
• Perform other duties as required/requested by their manager
• Experience in Quality Management system implementation
• Experience in ISO and API standards
• Able to make senior level presentations
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to work in matrix and multicultural environment
• Fluency in oral and written English
• Microsoft package (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) knowledge
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Experience in the Management of Gensuite Action Management Tool
• Administrative Experience of Webtop / Documentum management
• Administrative Experience of Agility management
• Lean Six Sigma Knowledge / Experience
• ISO 9001:2015 Transition Experience
• API Q1 / Q2 Knowledge and Implementation Experience
• Project Management Experience
• Experience and proven ability in procedure, work instruction & process map writing
• Trained Competent Quality Auditor