GE Content Creator / Editor in New York, New York
Corporate Business Innovations
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Content Creator / Editor
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
GE is seeking a Content Creator and Editorial partner to join its high-performing Corporate Communications team. GE is solving some of the world’s biggest challenges and is leading the digital industrial revolution. It is challenging expectations of industry and is changing the face of business in the US and around the world.
With a focus on the creation, distribution and measurement of content, through owned assets including GE Reports, GE is creating multi-format content, earned at the core and amplified through paid media. In this role you will also hone your skills in a variety of media relations activities across the digital media landscape.
The Content Creator / Editor is a storyteller, showcasing our capabilities through creative and written word. You will be responsible for seeking out and sharing stories from our operations around the world. As we move to more experiential storytelling, content may range from interactive experiences, video, social activations and traditional print.
• High-level and innovative content programming to create experiences and target specific key audiences (customers, media, employees and the general public)
• Tactical delivery of owned content that supports our Digital Transformation storytelling efforts
• Tracking and measuring the effectiveness of both GE’s owned content and earned media related to GE
• Drive the editorial calendar for GE Reports in partnership with Editor in Chief and Global Publisher
• Manage the scheduling of GER story mining
• Amplification of GER stories across social media platforms
• Oversight of digital tools for the external communications teams, including content management systems
• Manage polling and surveys as part of the broader remit on media and communications data and tracking
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in media, public relations, issues management or digital communications
• Proven delivery of quality written content
• Strong understanding of data analysis and its applications to communications
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, writing, and presentation skills
• Clear thinker, with the ability to see and drive change
• Excellent project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet aggressive deadlines with high standards for quality
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Creative thinker, with proven ability to generate new ideas.
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Solid understanding of data analysis and measurement applications to drive communications strategy
• Collaborative team player able to work cross-functionally and in teams
• Shows strong communications instincts, tireless research, precise attention to detail and innovative spirit
• Proven ability to work with 3rd party agencies (PR, advertising, digital) to drive success
• Strong organizational, project management and problem solving skills