GE Lead EHS Expert in Moscow, Russia
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Lead EHS Expert
Environmental Health & Safety
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Russian Federation
The GRID EHS Manager will lead GE’s EHS programs in Russia for GE Energy Connections - GRID Business. This manager ensures that the Business’s regional operations comply with local regulations, meet customer EHS requirements, and deliver EHS excellence. The GRID EHS Manager will support both Russia service organization with HQ in Moscow (60%) and manufacturing plant in Mozhaisk (controlled Joint Venture) (40%).
• Provide EHS support to all GRID organization (services & fixed facility)) in Russia (some support may be needed to services in CIS countries); establish and promote an effective Incident Prevention Program in support of GE EHS Culture;
• Ensure the Business operations fully comply with local EHS regulations, conduct periodic EHS Regulatory Compliance self-assessments, identify gaps and corrective actions, lead efforts with management team to implement corrective actions to ensure full compliance of GRID in Russia;
• Establish and maintain a training program for GRID employees in the Region to ensure compliance with GE and Regulatory EHS training requirements; verify the quality of the provided trainings and participate in the knowledge check committees;
• Establish/participate in operational rhythm with services/ops leaders and EHS operational rhythm with OneEHS team;
• Proactively participate in planning for services meetings; identify EHS needs and assist the Service team to prepare personnel and equipment to be ready-to-service for the projects and services (it may include but not limited to personnel training, equipment inspection, agreement of roles and responsibilities internally and with Customer etc);
• Conduct periodic inspections and audits on GRID Customer sites to assess risks for GE EC-GRID employees, identify corrective actions, lead efforts with management and Customers to implement corrective actions to ensure safe working environment of employees in remote locations;
• Provide operational assistance after any major health & safety event in the region including incident investigation and corrective action implementation;
• Initiate post- projects & services lessons learnt workout sessions internally and with Customer, identifies corrective actions, leads efforts with management and Customers to implement corrective actions;
• Create a positive EHS culture throughout the business in the Region, Initiates and manages programs and campaigns to increase EHS awareness and involvement of employees in the Region; promotes positive open transparent reporting by employees;
• Support all Business EHS regional demands as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an EHS-related discipline or electrical / power engineering degree with extended studies in an EHS-related discipline, from an accredited university;
• 5+ years EHS professional experience in GE or other international service company;
• Regulatory EHS expertise;
• Ability to travel up to 50% of work time;
• Advanced computer skills;
• Proven ability to handle multi-site and multi-business responsibility – management of time and ability to prioritize independently.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
• Fluent English.