GE IT Application Developer in Mississauga, Ontario
Capital Industrial Finance
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
IT Application Developer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Canada
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Working Capital Solutions is part of GE Capital and is a global provider of factoring and receivables management. The business operates in 3 poles and has regional operations centers (COE‘s) to support the collections activities.
At WCS IT, our mission is to create value by delivering simple, global solutions to business problems. Our commitment is to drive change, strive for process excellence and provide best-in-class technology for WCS and our customers.
As IT application developer you will be responsible to support the technical design, development and implementation of GECARS (GE Core Accounts Receivable System) projects. You will be the subject matter expert of our core, in-house, servicing application, and will be responsible for assisting multiple cross-functional projects. You will work with cross-functional teams to gather and formulate functional requirements, define structure of the application, manage technical and technology decision with the support of our architecture team, lead the development activities through deployment and ensure business requirements are met. You will support in preparing project plans, monitor progress, and provide status updates to project stakeholders.
• Understand customer requirements for system enhancements, identify overall project scope, and perform gap analysis.
• Build proof of concepts and prototypes where needed.
• Create detailed functional and technical documentation for your projects.
• Develop, communicate, and implement comprehensive project plans. Work with cross-functional global teams through planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation, operationalization and control of large IT projects.
• Conduct detailed technical reviews, write functional and technical documentation and obtain signoffs.
• Assist in development of User Acceptance Test strategy, test plans, test cases and interpretation of test results.
• Build functional knowledge and subject matter expertise of GECARS application.
• Ensure standard release processes (e.g. tollgate reviews, architecture reviews, etc.) are followed.
• Collaborate with offshore development teams and coordinate with functional and technical experts from other GE global locations to work on your projects.
We are searching for an individual with expertise in delivering enterprise-wide web applications and who demonstrates customer focus by evaluating decisions through the eyes of the customer; building strong customer relationships; creating processes with customer viewpoint; and partnering with customers to help shape their future initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A BS in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ years of experience developing large scale web applications
• 3+ years of experience in Coding C#, ASP.NET , ASP.NET MVC, Web API (REST/SOAP) and Windows Services
• Hands on experience with .NET Framework 4.0/4.5/4.6 and VS2013, VS2015.
• Experience with OOP/OOD, design patterns and principles, SDLC of .NET application programming
• Source code management using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience in writing unit tests and test driven development
• Expert in UI skills and knowledge of cross browser issues with debugging, trouble shooting skills
• Experience with responsive web design and development
• Experience with data modeling and design in Oracle and/or Sql Server.
• Experience with Mobile app development.
• 1+ year experience with Swift, iOS, Objective C, xCode.
• Experience working with offshore development resources.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and will be a clear communicator who effectively evaluates all relevant data to make decisions; and who will anticipate obstacles and develops plans to resolve them.
3+ years of software development experience involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle Broad knowledge of IT systems, infrastructure, processes and controls Strong organizational skills – ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously Knowledge of IT controllership methodologies and standards; demonstrated experience though project execution compliant with systems development life cycle methodology