GE Commercial Leadership Program - CLP in Mexico City, Mexico
GE Global Growth Organization
Global Growth Organization Latin America
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Commercial Leadership Program - CLP
Leadership and Pipeline Programs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Mexico
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) at GE Power develops sales and commercial leaders
through challenging rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in challenging commercial roles by providing the opportunity
to learn about GE Power’s products and customers, while also making significant contributions to
• A two-year program providing on the job experience with four six-month rotations within the
commercial functions of GE Power
• Exposure to a number of Power businesses, products, and leaders
• World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen
their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of
classroom, hands-on, and online training
• World-class CLP Program
• Personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments
• Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
• Strong networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world
• Business depth within commercial functions of GE Power
• Preparation of contract documentation (sales contracts, specs, technical specs)
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on
business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the
following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
• Development of competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance,
to support the Sales team in the region
• Understand local market dynamics
• Identification and management of commercial risks across the project scope
• Responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation management
• Personal world-class training – online, hands-on, and in the Classroom
Engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, Systems
or Industrial Engineering
Graduation date must be between December 2014 - December 2016.
· Internship, co-op, or full-time work experience in sales and/or the power generation business
· Academic excellence
· Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
· Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
· The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
· Geographic mobility - Relevant work permit or work authorization required
· Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to
influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to
coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational ability.