GE Associate Intern, Healthcare Investing in Menlo Park, California
Corporate Business Innovations
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Associate Intern, Healthcare Investing
Administration and Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Associate Intern will assist the GE Ventures team to evaluating investment opportunities in a specific sector of healthcare. By the end of the internship, the individual will have developed an understanding of a specific area of healthcare, including startups, incumbents, and the investment opportunities associated with the market, and will have summarized the project in a document and presentation for the GE Ventures team.
The Associate Intern will also assist the GE Ventures team on due diligence projects evaluating startups for potential investment. This role is project-based, and is expected to last 3-4 months over the summer of 2017.
• Assess the investment landscape for a given sector of healthcare. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
• Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment
• Screen and evaluate all available startups in the given sector and report to senior fund staff on recommendations to pursue specific investments
• Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed
• Carry out due diligence on potential investments, including market research, financial modeling, competitive analysis, and technology assessments
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, healthcare/life sciences product marking, or portfolio management
• Current enrollment in MBA or other graduate degree program, such as an MD or other advanced degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience in the healthcare industry is strongly desired
• Experience in venture or private equity investing is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
• Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
• Experience building spreadsheets including market research sizing and/or operating plan forecasts
• Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations, pitches)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook