GE Project Scheduler in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Healthcare Life Sciences
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
At work for a healthier world.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Project Scheduler will be responsible for establishment and maintenance of master schedules with interdependence, resources, deliverable's and milestones.
• Effectively plan and schedule, project events and general sequence of events and process for engineering design, procurement, construction, commissioning, qualification and overall project management project tasks
• Ensure all parties understand their portion of the schedule and how it interfaces with others
The Project Scheduler will be responsible for: 1) developing and analyzing integrated resource loaded schedules, resource allocation, bottleneck analysis, progress and status reporting, and performing special management studies, 2) working with Enterprise Solutions and other functions personnel to maintain schedules at both the detailed and integrated levels, 3) ensuring that activities are within scope, communicated, able to be effectively resourced, and assuring that the project/customer needs are met, 4) analyzing quantitative project control data and making recommendations, 5) assisting with the monitoring of schedule, percentage of completion, and cost performance against project baselines, and 6) preparing written and verbal reports concerning project cost and schedule variances.
• Identify and understand possible risks. Assist in the analysis of modifications to the to the project schedule; provide solutions
• Monitor and document monthly progress for assigned projects including critical path analysis, and schedule narratives
• Work directly with Project Managers, Discipline Leads, and Contractors.
• Assist in time impact analysis studies
• Establish and maintain a project integrated master schedule including subcontracted efforts
• Develop project recovery schedules and perform risk analysis with project team member
• Provide to the Project Manager all needed elements needed to issue Weekly/Monthly Reports
• 5 – 10 years’ practical/hand-on experience in planning and scheduling / project controls / program controls
• Basic understanding of Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Commissioning scheduling.
• Self-directed, highly-motivated & able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to detect, analyze, and investigate project schedule anomalies
• Ability to provide appropriate corrective actions for project scheduling issues
• Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
• Excellent MS Suite software knowledge.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.