General Electric Lead Manager - Manufacturing in Madison, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Leads a manufacturing functional team that fully utilizes resources to meet the scheduled activities of the Manufacturing Group. Supervises the daily shift activities in their assigned functional areas and works with team members to cultivate a winning manufacturing attitude and creative work environment. Maintains accountable for the training, development and performance management of team members in a functional area.
• Works with other managers throughout manufacturing to generate continuous improvement ideas and spearheads the implementation of those ideas that lead to bottom line results.
• Track and report metrics in their functional area to include labor hour consumption, work order completion, inventory accuracy, throughput, capacity and customer complaints. Establish team goals that meet or exceed established quality standards.
• Develop and manage operational budget for their functional area.
• Implement business unit objectives and manufacturing department goals in each functional area.
• Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
• Developing and creating training plans to maximize workforce capability
• Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
• Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Maintaining full Quality System Regulation and Current Good Manufacturing Practices requirements
Maintaining full regulatory compliance and other legal requirements
Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years production, supply chain experience or leadership or High School diploma/GED and 7 years production or supply chain experience.
Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams.
Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Best Practices and deal with high levels of ambiguity
MBA or Masters
Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices.
Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity.
Prior Team Leading experience
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Madison
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.