General Electric Field Service Engineer 2 - Multi-Vendor in Madison, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Function as an In-House Field Engineer (FE) to support & maintain MVDI equipment located at GE Healthcare Institute (HCI). Offers mentoring on MV products at the HCI facility and is an excellent source of knowledge. Performs on time & accurate preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs as needed. Demonstrates basic boot up and functionality checks. Works with OEM’s & Technical Support Engineers (TSE’s) to complete field modification instructions and/or service bulletins.
• Advanced troubleshooting, maintenance, testing and service repair needs on designated Multivendor equipment.
• Ensure equipment is fully functional prior to scheduled classes.
• Works with experienced field engineers, both onsite and remotely to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques.
• Responsible for system part repair, system preparation for HCI classes and customer tours, as well as system harvest support on MV products at the HCI facility. Key interfaces include TSE’s to evaluate product repairs, and HCI staff. Support equipment moves as new products are added.
• Contribute to MV service doc development either directly, or thru support of TSE’s.
• Support customer visits and act as GEHC Service face to the customer for training equipment technical questions.
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and pre-training system checkouts.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Involvement/Leadership in simplification projects and the updating of work instructions.
• Understand how to drive improved product quality by identifying issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into service.
• Consult with the Multivendor harvesting team on systems and part documentation.
• Provide mentoring on Multivendor products at the HCI facility; demonstrate boot-up, access procedures as needed.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
• Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
• Experience in reading system schematics and repairing complex Imaging systems.
• Experience with Multivendor imaging systems and diagnostics. Be qualified to perform service on multiple MV modalities, and may have basic training in one or more additional modalities.
• Training and experience in multiple modalities.
• Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
• Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
• Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers or vendors as part of a solution based service process.
Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
Dependable, accountable, self-motivated
Demonstrated understanding that customers determine our success.
Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
Empower and inspire others.
Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Pewaukee, Brookfield, Waukesha, Milwaukee
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.