GE Lynn Programmer in Lynn, Massachusetts
Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
• Develop 2 and 3-axis N/C processes for development hardware (i.e., machining programs, tooling,) as well as 4 and 5 axis N/C processes
• Contribute to process improvement efforts on mature hardware with similar support
• Set up and operation of machine tool equipment (both N/C and standard-types to support development/production cell activities)
• Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce development hardware
• Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations/set up
• Troubleshoot process issues
• Create development/production planning and support revisions of production planning as appropriate for process changes
• Provide direction to other skilled employees involved with development and production
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years in a manufacturing role)
• N/C machining experience
• N/C programming experience (APT, UG, or other structured systems.)
• Demonstrated ability in shop mathematics (geometry and trigonometry.)
• Proficient blueprint reading skills (geometric tolerances.)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Apprentice graduate
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Manufacturing experience
• Experience in tooling and fixturing, STAS, tooling vendors, Maximo generation
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction - self-starter
• Ability to interface with various levels of management (i.e., Design Engineering and Project) and also shop floor workforce
• Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others
• Ability to receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; punctuality and attendance standards, etc