General Electric RF - Commercial Government Shipper in Loves Park, Illinois
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include shipping and receiving functions for first shift to ensure conformance to specifications and continuous production consistent with established standards.
In this role you will:
• Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
• Read pick lists or shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed; determine method of shipment and contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products
• Ensure items are packed according to applicable standards and to prevent damage during transit
• Utilize computer based customer portals to enter shipping information and obtain Advance Shipping Notifications
• Employ computer skills for emailing, document creation and maintenance, data entry, etc.
• Affix shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons
• Maintain proper certifications
• Assemble wooden or cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
• Prepare unpainted equipment by greasing or oiling prior to shipping
• Insert item or equipment into containers and nail covers on wooden crates and bind containers with metal or plastic strapping
• Weigh product for shipping charges and affix postage
• Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
• Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
• Route items to departments
• Maintain inventory of shipping and receiving materials and supplies
• Operate forklift or use hand truck to move convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform or area to storage or work area, and to load equipment
• Prepare and maintain shipping / receiving records and log
• Keep shipping / receiving area clean and free of safety and health hazards
• Pull stock as required
• Perform stock put away functions
• Receive manufactured, purchased, subcontract parts and materials
• Perform Cycle Inventory when needed
• Perform other duties as required
• High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution
• Communicate effectively in a team environment
• Ability to lift / move material up to 25 pounds
• May be required to work with hazardous materials
• Minimum of 1 year industry or similarly related job experience
• Ability to work overtime as required
• This position may be required to perform safety sensitive work in the future, and would be subject at that time to random drug and alcohol testing under Federal Aviation Administration regulations. GE Aviation, Loves Park has a zero-tolerance policy.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Proficient in the use of a computer to navigate necessary operating systems
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Beginning ability to demonstrate GE Beliefs
• In-tune with outside customers and environment
• Helps others see the potential impact of their decisions
• Works collaboratively and respects all others
• Continuously develops self and others
• Embraces ambiguity and engages others in idea generation
• Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
• Conscientious of safe and quality work practices.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.