GE Lead Electronic Engineer in Lisburn, United Kingdom
GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visitwww.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Lead Electronic Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The technology domain area is class leading diagnostic and monitoring equipment for Electricity distribution, including Dissolved Gas Analysis, high speed FPGA based monitoring electronics and the software infrastructure necessary to build a distributed monitoring environment for a variety of worldwide customers.
The Lead Engineer will be a team player with a creative flair, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment developing state of the art monitoring & diagnostic technology.
• Design of innovative circuits for sensors and sensor systems.
• Schematic capture and PCB design.
• Collaboration with other team members (including both hardware and software engineers) to agree system designs, interfaces and protocols.
• Provide support in system acceptance testing and validation activities.
• Support the operations team to enable a smooth transition of product developments from engineering to manufacturing operations.
• Support of customer technical issues.
• Degree/HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• A solid understanding of analogue and digital design.
• Experience of industry standard PCB CAD packages, ideally Altium Designer.
• Creating complex multi-layer PCB with multiple design interfaces including RF, digital, FPGA, power supply and mixed signal circuitry.
• Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
• Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance