GE Customer Service and Fulfillment Specialist in Leeds, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Transportation, we move the world. We are a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power and drilling industries. Our solutions help customers deliver goods and services with greater speed and greater savings using our advanced manufacturing techniques, industry expertise and connected machines. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of GE that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today. It's the engine of change that puts us at the forefront of transportation technology, software, and analytics. And it's why we continue to find-and realize-the potential that keeps our connected world moving forward. The GE Transportation Global Headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. There are over 65 service sites worldwide.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Customer Service and Fulfillment Specialist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
A fantastic customer service opportunity has arisen in our GE Transportation business. The role will require an individual to have excellent communication skills and accuracy in order to support the business with parts orders and all other customer services activities.
• Owns day to day responsibility for customer service including:
o Preparation of quotations for spares & acceptance of purchase orders
o Work with the Pricing team to ensure customer price is accurate at all time
o Order entry and error resolution, liaison with US team to solve errors, including new parts requests and pricing.
o Sales order management, working with the team in the US (order priorities, expedite requests, shipping schedules and local deliveries) and keep customers informed.
o Liaison with in country customs agents for the clearance of orders if necessary.
o Liaison between customers and material managers for the receipt of deliveries into oracle and resolution of shortage issues.
o Warranty returns and tracking
o Produce Certificates of Conformity, Advice Notes, and purchase requisitions as required
o Liaison with other GE companies worldwide for returns and and the supply of spares.
o Liaison with customers to resolve issues, including attendance at meetings where required.
o Interface between customers and GE worldwide for the return of UX items.
o Preparation of all export documents
o Negotiation with couriers to facilitate the returns process.
• Integrate with local field service team to provide support cover for leave, etc. including:
o Provide support to service teams as required
o Create and manage purchase orders as per Material Manager's requests
o Process customer feedback with the aim of resolving customer queries and complaints in a timely manner.
• Additional responsibilities:
o First point of contact for all customer related inquiries or complaints and ownership of issues recorded in Issue Track
o Other customer related activities as required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college/school leaver with experience in Services.
• Demonstrated experience in after sales care and customer support roles with customer liaison skills is required.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and ideally Oracle/similar ERP system.
• Fluent in English language (writing, reading, speaking)
• Willingness to undertake many varied duties vital to this position and keen to adopt to new challenges.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Strong customer mind-set, caring attitude to customers. Demonstrate an understanding of customers’ needs and commitment to quality of continuous service.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently and in teams.
• Strong problem solving skills.