GE Payroll Leader, West Africa. in Lagos, Nigeria
GE Global Operations
Global Operations Human Resources
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Payroll Leader, West Africa.
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Nigeria
Payroll Leader is responsible for the quality delivery of payroll processes to the GE businesses through an outsource payroll platform. The incumbent will have an in-depth knowledge of GE Payroll & Benefits systems, processes and procedures and also of national legislative rules. The person will promote “Best in Class” Service while working cross-functionally with internal teams.
• Advise on difficult and sometimes complex questions/requests from employees, managers and the HR community concerning payments, allowances and
tax treatments in a professional, courteous & timely manner
• Review payroll entries and files to ensure they meet the necessary quality & compliance requirements
• Preparation of reporting & associated statistics
• Participate in internal & external payroll audits
• Deal with operational issues and process failures, identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
• Develop action plan to mitigate operational risks or resolve escalated issues
• Proactively seek customer feedback to identify areas for simplification, standardization and productivity within assigned process.
• Drive process improvement projects and implementation with a focus on customer satisfaction and standardization
• Build and share knowledge of area of expertise by continuously keeping up to date with internal and external updates and changes
• Ensure compliance with internal regulations and external legislation
• Ensure that high standards of accuracy and quality are maintained with appropriate controls in place, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal
and GE policy requirements
• Develop a strong working relationship with the GE HR community through proactive facilitation & improvement of HR processes, ensuring effective
communication and early identification of requirements & any issues
• Support complex global acquisition and disposition processes
• A Bachelors degree in Finance from an accredited university
• 5 - 8 years of experience in reward and benefits
• Core understanding of Payroll & Benefits processes
• Solid experience in Nigerian, and other West African country payrolls, legislated benefits & tax practices
• A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate completion dates clearly on your resume)
• Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any legal restriction in Nigeria
• Strong analytical and clear thinking skills;
• Ability to identify trends and implement process improvements
• Attention to detail and strong planning skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong customer focus
• Ability to meet tough deadlines and able to work flexible when required