GE Regional Customer Application Engineer –Asia Pacific in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Power Steam Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Regional Customer Application Engineer –Asia Pacific
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Malaysia
The Regional Customer Application Engineer (RCAE) provides deep domain expertise to support to regional and country team to develop a pipeline of opportunities and influence customer specification/evaluation criteria favorably to position GE Boilers technologies and services throughout Pre-ITO (Inquiry to Order) process.
This individual has the responsibility to develop an in-depth understanding of regional/country power markets and customers’ economic value.
This individual then develops technical solutions with associated studies on best configuration, performance estimation as well as economics evaluation from customer point of view that optimize GE’s offerings by demonstrating expertise and building customer credibility.
As part of the Boilers Products team, the RCAE contribute towards developing and executing regional sales strategies while maintaining global process and maximizing margin.
This role’s key function is to provide technical expertise to look at life cycle value as a part of the transactional pre-ITO process. Foundational elements include: influence and shape opportunities, optimize the configuration and choice of technology (2-Pass, Tower and/or CFB), know the customer evaluation, know the competition, quantify GE value vs. competition and recommend winning strategies.
• Proactively promote and position GE Boilers technologies early in the project phase to create value and influence customer specification/evaluation criteria by working closely with utilities, developers, consultants/Owner’s engineer, EPCs, and industry customers.
• Provide technical expertise to Sales and Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing and developing competitive product applications.
• Collect regional Voice of Customer and Voice of Market on the value of power generation solutions and support NPI (New Product Introduction) activities.
• Influence customers to understand and recognize the full economic value that GE Boilers Products and solutions provide.
• [Understand on energy/power market structures, pricing mechanisms, and policy that impact the customer value proposition.]
• Integrate region-specific customer views on life-cycle value into strategic planning.
• [Develop region-specific collateral to sell the value of our offerings to customers.]
• Gather and analyze competitor feedback in the regions to improve GE understanding of value differentiation in the eyes of customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in power industry with a strong technical/ commercial background.
• Demonstrated steam generator and steam plant knowledge and experience
• Proven analytical skill set and strategic mindset.
• Strong communication skills.
• Self-driven with the ability to work in a region and global team
• Experience with power markets
• Knowledgeable of power generation industry trends and competition.
• Prior experience in engineering, construction or operations of large power plants.
• Experience with a Utility, Independent Power Producer (IPP), Project Developers or Industry in developing power plant projects.
• Strong network of relationships with key customers .
• Ability to assess impact of price and performance decisions from customers, market, & investors’ view
• Experience in thermal performance simulation tools such as GTPro/Master, GateCycle.
• MBA or advanced Engineering degree.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, innovative and creative thinker, strong leadership and customer influencing skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (technical papers/books, patents, formal presentations).