GE Technical Architect in Jebel Ali, United Arab Emirates
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Arab Emirates
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in.
GE Oil & Gas Digital is seeking a Staff, Technical Architect focused on the oil and gas segment to help provide thought leadership and technical excellence for oil and gas engagement teams, who will be focused on building out its Asset Performance Management (APM) Predix-enabled solutions to the world’s oil and gas customers. If you are the type of person who wakes up and thinks “how can I help my customers succeed, while bringing my deep and extensive software expertise to the table to guide them?” then this role is for you. You will be the person who is called upon to support your team to provide technical guidance and direction for the customer they are passionately engaging with.
They will enable the customer to understand a broader integrated solution for their assets, processes & facilities, and will demonstrate experience and understanding of the software development lifecycle, and how GE solutions can fit into the customers’ current enterprise architecture. In addition, you will work with your team members to identify successful outcomes that align to industry standards, and drive towards repeat account engagement.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Technical Architecture, and the Senior Manager, Customer Engagements – Regional Leader and work through the delivery of insights, data-driven solutions, and custom projects that will drive our product roadmaps. You will be on the team that is the trusted guide for our customers who are adopting oil and gas’ Predix-enabled APM solutions, leading them on the journey from prototyping, proof of concepts, and pilots, to onboarding and advanced usage and advocacy. You will need to become an oil and gas Predix-enabled APM expert, so you can speak, and teach, intelligently on the value and usage of each part of the solution.
In this role, you will:
• Be the supporter and coach of IT stakeholders of a customer engagement, where you drive their ultimate success maximize the value they get from their engagement journey regarding oil and gas Predix-enable APM solutions from the prototyping, proof of concept, pilot and production phases.
• Be on a highly engaged technical architect team reporting to you focused on customer delivery toward client engagement phasing and execution objectives.
• Identify missing technologies or ecosystem partners to further advance the overall segment roadmap.
• Advocate internally and lead initiatives that will deliver additional value for our customers.
• Four-year degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering.
• 5 years of software development experience with multi-tenant enterprise SaaS applications built on Java, SQL, and big data technologies (preferably with strong data visualization and analytics products)
• Some experience with designing multi-tenant enterprise SaaS application using SOA, REST architecture
• Some experience and in-depth knowledge of Java platform with any one or more of the following: JBoss, WebLogic, Websphere application servers
• Some experience and knowledge of data warehousing, ETL, and data modeling with any of the following: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, or MS SQL Server
• Some experience and knowledge of field level architecture, DCS, Process Control Networks, localized business networks at field level
• Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills. Able to effectively present and influence IT professionals with strong opinions
• Some experience with Big Data technologies — any of the following: HP Vertica, Hadoop, SPARK, Amazon EMR, Redshift, Kinesis and/or DynamoDB
• Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, Cloud Foundry, Microsoft Azure
• Some experience with business intelligence tools such Tableau, Jasper reports, SAP Business Objects, or Microstrategy will be a big plus
• Ability to work with globally distributed and multi-cultural teams
• A true passion for customers and Customer Success with the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with clients, including a quick and keen ability to understand at a deep and fundamental level the true problem that the customer stakeholder landscape is aiming to solve, and guide them to problem definition before solutioning.
• Support on the early engagement process on architectural and security discussions with customers.
• Strong cross-functional leadership skills to advocate and champion activities and initiatives on behalf of customers, and willingness to travel and spend time on customer sites.
• Ability to identify value-based solutions with the customer, and handles account issues at the highest of professional standards, and can juggle multiple requests from customers – from deep technical discussions on the Predix Platform, to aligning APM functionality and new opportunities for development to customer use cases, to digging in to a process flow diagram or customer engineering data and understanding their outcomes.
• Creative and curious learner who listens to customers, and is eager to understand their overall internal journey and strategies, and how GE can support and enhance their strategies. Strong willingness to learn core GE technologies and teach customers.
• Previous consulting experience at a highly regarded firm is desired.
• Experience with project management processes (PMBOK processes) is a plus.
• Experience with agile development (proof of concept, pilots, production) and rapid prototyping is a plus.