General Electric Manufacturing Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
These 3 openings are located at our Hooksett, NH, Rutland, VT and Wilmington, NC locations.
• Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process / fixture improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions
• Define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals to completion
• Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
• Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
• Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing NPI’s and for process improvements
• Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
• Bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
• Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and respect objectives
• Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety in own area Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
• Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
• Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED and at least 4 years of manufacturing experience) Desired Characteristics: • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred• Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred• Prior GE intern or co-op experience in engineering, manufacturing or EHS• Six Sigma training is preferred• Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions• Strong organizational skills• Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously• Ability to work in a matrix organization • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills• Strong oral and written communication skills• Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects• Strong project and team leadership Locations: United States; New Hampshire, North Carolina, Vermont; Hooksett, Wilmington, RutlandGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.