General Electric Sr Staff Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
• Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large development efforts. Experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings.
• Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition. Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Leads the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary - as a value offering.
• Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills; able to present at conferences and explain complex technical problems in simple terms.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience
• Experience with programming languages, Primarily C, C++, MFC, Data structures, RDBMS, SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Experience Web Based technologies HTML, Play, CSS, JS, Angular, Java, .net hosted in Cloud environments.
• Experience in web development with a focus on the frontend using HTML, CSS, JS, Angular, Polymer components,
• Experience with one or more JS framework not limited to Angular, Dojo, React, Redux, Knockout etc
• Must have experience with Ajax, Restful webservices, profiling and debugging complex next generation single page web applications.
• Hands on experience with SDLC and software development methodologies, including Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Product Security, TDD/BDD etc.
• Experience on working with Multi-threaded applications and debugging Windows Applications will be an added advantage.
• Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
• Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
• Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain level.
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
• Recommends expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components. Assists in developing business cases.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale
Locations: India; Hyderabad
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.