General Electric Sr Lead Embedded Software Engineer in Hyderabad, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Lead Embedded Software Development Engineer will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of real-time embedded software for industrial control system products. Highly motivated individual works independently across functional teams in driving the design and development efforts and is seen as a technical leader.
• As a Lead Software Engineer, you will use your software & skills to develop real-time embedded software for our next generation Automation Controller product lines
• Work in small, self-motivated teams collaborating with your Product Owner to translate customer needs into Internet-enabled products and infrastructure
• Be involved in all phases of software development from product definition to production release
• Use Agile software development practices to build and test our products using Continuous Integration
• Use excellent communication skills to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Understand the whole product, its modules and the interrelationships between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelize how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Use your strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Make technical presentations to peers and managers on the details of your architecture and design
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Minimum of 10 years of experience with C/C++ programming in embedded environment.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with Operating Systems, preferably VxWorks(e.g., Linux, QNX)
• MS Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Experience with C/C++ programming in an embedded environment Knowledge of Intel (x86), PPC or ARM microprocessors and/or microcontrollers Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs
• Demonstrated experience with logic analyzers,debuggers and/or emulation tools Security best practices
• Knowledge of C/C++ development
• Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
• Knowledge of Industrial network and serial communication protocols (OPC UA, Modbus, etc
• Experience with virtualization, e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on innovative ideas for products and processes
• Demonstrated experience working on teams that use the Agile Scrum development methods
• Knowledge of Ethernet and other Fieldbus (PROFINET, Profibus, DeviceNet) network communication protocols
• Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs / PACs or with
• GE Intelligent Platforms PACSystems Programmable Logic Controllers
• Experience with Java, Bash and Python
Locations: India; Hyderabad
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.