General Electric Lead Test Engineer in Hyderabad, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Lead Test Engineer will be responsible for validating the DCS system include PLC( Programmable Logic Controller), IO and communication modules . Highly motivated individual works independently across functional teams in driving the system test efforts .
As a Lead Test Engineer, you will use your automation control system domain knowledge in validating our next generation Automation Controller product lines
• Work in small, self-motivated teams collaborating with your Product Owner to translate customer needs into Internet-enabled products and infrastructure
• Be involved in all phases of system test development from product definition to production release
• Use Agile software development practices to build and test our products using Continuous Integration
• Use excellent communication skills to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelize how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Use your strong knowledge in PLC Ladder logic. automation scripts in developing system test cases.
• Make technical presentations to peers and managers on the details of your architecture and design
Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Minimum of 10 years of experience with strong domain knowledge in industrial automation and related products like, PLC, SCADA..etc
Minimum of 5 years of experience with PLC systems Commissioning, Ladder logic and any automation test scripting languages.
Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering
• Experience with PLC Ladder logic programming for PLCs
• Demonstrated experience with test fixture development and tools associated with them.
• Knowledge of at least one Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery Software (Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control, Electric Commander, etc.)
• Knowledge of Industrial network and serial communication protocols (OPC UA, Modbus, etc
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to deliver on innovative ideas for products and processes
• Demonstrated experience working on teams that use the Agile Scrum development methods
• Knowledge of Ethernet and other Fieldbus (PROFINET, Profibus, DeviceNet) network communication protocols
• Knowledge of Industrial Controls, particularly PLCs / PACs or with
• GE Intelligent Platforms PACSystems Programmable Logic Controllers
• Experience with C#, Python
Locations: India; Hyderabad
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.