GE Biomolecular Imaging Sales Specialist - Western Blotting in Houston or Dallas, Texas
Healthcare Life Sciences
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Biomolecular Imaging Sales Specialist - Western Blotting
Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Houston or Dallas
The Biomolecular Imaging Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the sales and profitability of the imaging product range, including laser scanners and CCD cameras. The Sales Specialist is to be the technical resource for customers and colleagues in the assigned territory. The role will require the individual to participate within a matrixed sales environment.
• Accountable to drive orders and achieve sales target for the imaging product range in the assigned territory.
• Forecast orders and sales using applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products in their assigned territory.
Territory & Account Management
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies, and targets.
• Build strong customer relationships and continuously develop a network of key decision makers within the assigned territory.
• Identify & respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs.
• Track and communicate market information to/from the field including competitor data, funding trends, and industry developments, leading towards a sustainable competitive advantage.
Product & Market Expertise
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of GE Life Science portfolio, primarily laser based imaging platforms (Typhoon) and CCD cameras (AI600) for phosphor imaging, SDS-PAGE, gel based fluorescence, solution stains and western blotting applications. Be able to present and discuss the technology and benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
• Maintain up to date knowledge competitor products and be able to elucidate the key differentiating benefits of the GE solution.
• Execute successful product demonstrations, customer trainings, internal trainings, seminars, workshops and promotional activities.
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
One GEHC teamwork
• Contribute to account plans where applicable at accounts covered by Account Managers.
• Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with Account manager and other Sales Specialists to obtain maximum synergy across the business. Continuously share knowledge of the customers changing operational issues and challenges.
• Continuously educate and coach account team members on your product strategy and offerings.
• Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
• BS Degree in Science (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry), Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years of post-Bachelor’s experience as a Sales Specialist, Account Manager, FAS, Technical Specialist, or Research Scientist.
• Strong working knowledge of phosphor imaging, gel based imaging, and western blotting applications and/or fluorescent imaging as well as comparable imaging platforms.
• Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach
• Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language
• Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent negotiation & closing skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Must live in Texas and be able to travel extensively (up to 50% overnight) throughout assigned territory (TX, OK, MO, IA, KS, NE, ND, SD)
• Valid motor vehicle license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• M.S./Ph.D. degree in biological sciences, chemistry, engineering, or related field
• Hands on experience with GE Life Sciences Biomolecular imaging instrumentation (Typhoon & AI600) and related consumables
• Experience selling to Biotech, Pharma, and Academic market sectors
• Existing customer relationships/contacts in assigned territory.
• Experience working in Salesforce.com
• Proficient IT/computer skills
• Candidates living in Houston or Dallas preferred based on the customer locations