GE Field Service Engineer HPG in Herentals, Belgium
Power Water & Distributed Power
GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Field Service Engineer HPG
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Belgium
Working for one or more Account Managers, the FSR will be responsible for achieving defined goals & objectives as well as working safely, compliantly and efficiently within a defined group of customer accounts. They will take guidance from Account Managers and will service, recommend changes, report and communicate with customer representatives on treatment performance in accordance with the commercial agreement.
Work in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter and EHS regulations
Collect samples, conduct analysis & produce service reports in line with the agreements with the customer (by contract) for the customers that are assigned
• Be aware of contract content
• Be aware of lab procedures to use and reasons for exceptions
• Keep the customer "Analytical manual" up to date.
• Maintain a relationship with the key contact persons at all levels.
• Face-2-face discussion of generated reports with customer contacts on a regular basis (as agreed with Account Manager)
• Know the 'leading indicator' for every application (know the CTQ's of your customers)
• Keep trending of key parameters up to date and follow-up on irregularities
• Prepare all the relevant data for use in Review meetings.
Maintain and safeguard quality of the delivered work:
• Owner of the inventory follow up, no out of stock situations
• Anticipate on possible logistic problems (respect lead time in ordering) of items within service engineers power
• Acquire and maintain all relevant knowledge on applications and customer processes which are serviced
• Communicate pro-actively, inform team members and customers in an effective way
• Be aware of the value generation plans at the customers
• Continuously drive and deliver added value to the customers through optimization in chemical treatment in close cooperation with the account manager and technical support functions.
• Work in close cooperation with the Account Managers and other Service Engineers at the assigned customers.
• Stay informed on the market / customer situation and share appropriate information with the HPG Benelux team.
• Service oriented, external focus
• "No 9 to 5 mentality"
• Strong Chemical background, at least bachelor or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Taking initiative – driven by technical improvements
• Team player and independent
• Commercial feeling and interest
• Good communication and computer skills
• Good knowledge of Dutch & English is required
• EHS: Identify & share best practices
• Follow up on trends of service work to identify optimization opportunities
• Take ownership of improvement actions
• Keep informed on progress on commercial team targets
• Stay informed on technical innovations
• Anticipate (work) planning problems
• Challenge existing processes (continuous improvement)