General Electric Operations Manager in Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation at http://www.geaviation.com , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
To provide leadership to a team of people managers within an area or business segment. Overall responsibility for EHS, Quality, Cost and manpower planning, with the purpose of meeting productivity and operating targets.
• Provide product area leadership in the achievement of goals with respect to EHS, Quality, Cost, Production, Manpower and Compliance.
• Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product/process predictability and delivered quality requirements
• Interface with other organizations and vendors to assure requirements are met on time.
• Provide on-going support in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
• Advocate Six Sigma rigors to all functions within the product area, driving on-going improvements and the Lean Vision of the value stream. Support Action Workouts and utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to improve processes.
• Ensure communication of key business / customer issues to employees
• Achieve highest levels of internal and external customer service
• Support Strategic Operations Leader in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment and other resources
• Select, hire, train, develop, and provide ongoing leadership and direction of assigned personnel - Flow Leader and Shop employees and drive engagement
• Line management of a group of Flow Leaders.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Some years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role
• The successful candidate must demonstrate capability to move beyond this position in the organization
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
• Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
• Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
• Prior experience as a leader within a manufacturing area and with implementing productivity tools is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred or equivalent knowledge & experience
Locations: United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.