GE Materials Manager in Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
AtGE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Materials and Production Planning
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The successful candidate will support the Materials Leader and Operations team to deliver to the master production schedule and is the interface to the entire material fulfilment teams. The Material Fulfilment Manager ensures the full BOM is available to operations in line with the MPS.
The Material Fulfilment Lead will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in both short and long-term planning, and contribute to the execution of the overall business strategy.
• Follows the strategic direction that has been set by Materials Leader for material operations within the organization.
• Ensure full material availability to the operation in line with the MPS.
• Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials internal and external according to Master Production Schedule through to dispatch.
• Lead forward looking meeting with sourcing and internal functional groups to review forecasted material gaps to plan and ensure the Materials Leader is aware of any discrepancies or Materials Supply issues.
• If material is launched incomplete to WIP then it is the responsibility of the material fulfillment team to ensure any gaps are managed to completion.
• Reallocation of parts to support MPS if commercially approved.
• Hold material fulfillment team accountable to hold regular MRB reviews and disposition of material as required.
• Ensure a standard material presentation and kitting exists, where applicable.
• Drive cost out projects in all aspects of material operations.
• Optimize inventory reduction projects.
• Lead and encourage process improvement through Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
• Facilitate SIOP and factory execution reviews.
• Manage forecast demand within MPS system.
• Reviewing forecast load and capacity, working with business leaders to establish plans to ensure sufficient capacity is available to process the load through each work centre.
• Maintain data quality and integrity within MPS/MRP including accurate outage dates, current inventory, purchase order receiving, and forecasts.
• Establish effective performance measures that can be used to alert management on labour over run.
• Assure the continued development and growth of assigned personnel through strong leadership.
• Ensure all sites within portfolio are correctly set-up in a timely fashion to give the ability to procure all Parts, Service, and Repair needs using the MRP system.
• Manage daily and long range planning / scheduling and support commercial team in quoting and managing of parts.
• Work with management in scheduling of components with vendors and suppliers.
• Plan and schedule change management for the product lines.
• Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs. Optimize inventory and process improvements. Develops operational plan for the own department.
• Demonstrable competence in supply chain management principles and practices, shop operations, facilitation and production control in a manufacturing environment and production planning essential.
• Six sigma trained to expert or black belt level preferred.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems ability to document, plan, market and execute programs.
• ERP systems experience (preferably Oracle).
• Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately.