GE System Engineer in Haifa, Israel
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Israel
The Systems Engineer has design responsibility to deliver customer workflow, feature functionality, product quality, reliability, serviceability,regulatory, compliance, cost. Activities include system conception, system analysis, requirements development, traceability and flow down, architecture / system design, FMEA, system integration, system optimization, developing/executing System Verification and Validation test procedures, and providing support to manufacturing and field issues.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Providing domain expertise to serve as the main integrator between the all involved disciplines and functions to deliver the best quality product.
• Working across functions and team boundaries to define, design, and implement the next generation of products, features and functionalities.
• Working with customers, Marketing and field personnel to refine requirements which can be further developed by the engineering teams.
• Developing methods to quantify subsystem interactions and their effects on image quality
• Delivering and incorporating feedback results into new hardware, software and service specifications.
• Decision making in cross-disciplinary and architectural aspects.
• Use expertise to help resolve urgent issues with current Ultra-Sound products.
• BSc in Electrical Engineering.
• MSc in engineering – advantage.
• Experience in medical systems – advantage.
• At least 4 years’ experience as a HW/FPGA/embedded designer.
• At least 2 years’ experience as a system engineer of multi-disciplinary products.
• Systemic view.
• Independent by nature, Self-learner, Excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems.
• Proficient in use of software tools for analysis and simulation (MATLAB, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to pursue tasks to completion.
• Broad exposure to Mechanical/ Control/ HW/SW/Systems design, and technical depth in one or more engineering disciplines (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Physics, etc.)