GE Software Architect in Haifa, Israel
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The Healthcare analytics lab is part of GE global research software science and analytics unit, working in the fields of healthcare analytics and medical imaging. The work in the lab includes research in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision providing analytics and AI for healthcare applications and other needs of the different GE business units. The work includes: use of machine learning for diagnostics, modeling, optimization and predictive analytics, data mining, cognitive computing and the use of computer vision for diagnostics and discovery.
Posted Position Title
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Israel
As a software researcher you will have the responsibility for developing innovative technologies, envisioning research directions and executing research projects for the efficient and scalable implementation of deep learning and big data analytics in cloud and HPC environments
As a software researcher you will have the responsibility for developing innovative technologies, envisioning research directions and executing research projects for the efficient and scalable implementation of deep learning and big data analytics in cloud and HPC environments. In addition you will have the responsibility for leading the SW development methodologies, tools, and development environment for the Healthcare analytics Lab in Israel. You will be working with researchers, software architects, and SW product managers from GRC and other GE businesses. Together you will identify needs, define architectures and frameworks, and implement components for the efficient and scalable deployment of analytics in the industrial cloud.
In this role you will :
• Drive collaboration and compatibility with other SW and analytics labs in GRC
• Drive collaboration and compatibility with GE Health Cloud
• Lead the architecture and design, of patterns and services, developed in the Healthcare analytics lab
• Define the framework and tools for high performance analytics
• Identify needs and setup projects defining architectures and developing frameworks and infrastructure for the deployment of high performance analytics in distributed environments, on the healthcare cloud and on edge devices
• Define and establish the SW development environment for the Healthcare Analytics lab in Israel
• Define and establish the lab’s SW design, coding and testing guidelines
• Guide the scientists in the lab in the efficient scalable and reusable implementation of algorithms and patterns
• University education in Computer Science
• 10+ years of industrial experience in implementing high performance, algorithmic intensive, SW products
• Good knowledge in the field of high performance computing
• Strong system and architecture understanding
• Experience in Python, C++, Java on Linux and Windows platforms
• Experience in developing distributed application and cloud based solutions
• Experience in implementing high performance algorithms using GPUs and AVX technologies
• Independent and innovative with the ability to lead technology selection processes, identifying needs and defining technology projects
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English