GE Researcher in Haifa, Israel
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The Healthcare analytics lab is part of GE global research software science and analytics unit, working in the fields of healthcare analytics and medical imaging. The work in the lab includes research in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision providing analytics and AI for healthcare applications and other needs of the different GE business units. The work includes: use of machine learning for diagnostics, modeling, optimization and predictive analytics, data mining, cognitive computing and the use of computer vision for diagnostics and discovery.
Posted Position Title
Research - Software Engineering and Other Computing Sciences
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Israel
As a researcher, you will have the responsibility for developing innovative technologies, envisioning research directions and executing AI research projects using machine learning technologies.
You will be working on developing analytics for healthcare and life science applications. The range of problems include computer vision, signal processing, text and data analytics, data mining, anomaly detection, classification and modeling. You will be working with other researchers from different labs in GRC and business units on identifying needs, sharing common solutions, and implementing solutions. Together you will define frameworks, and implement components for the efficient and scalable deployment of analytics in the healthcare cloud.
In this role you will :
• Carry out AI related research work
• Cooperate with other researchers in identifying needs, defining the research topics and the outcomes
• Introduce state of the art methods using machine learning, and AI
• Implement algorithms preferably in Python, Java, and C++ environments
• Collaborate with other researchers in the lab
• MsC or Ph.D in computer science or related fields doing research in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, signal processing, big data analytics
• Good knowledge of the field, being up to date on the state of the art.
• Good analytic skills
• Experience in implementing algorithms using Python, Java, C++
• Benefit - experience in implementing algorithms using GPU
• Benefit - experience in developing for cloud based solutions
• Team player cooperating with other researchers in the lab
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English