GE Healthcare Analytics Lab Manager in Haifa, Israel
Corporate Global Research
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we’re redefining what’s possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you’ll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you’ll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You’ll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The Healthcare analytics lab is part of GE global research software science and analytics unit, working in the fields of healthcare analytics and medical imaging. The work in the lab includes research in the fields of machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and computer vision providing analytics and AI for healthcare applications and other needs of the different GE business units. The work includes: use of machine learning for diagnostics, modeling, optimization and predictive analytics, data mining, cognitive computing and the use of computer vision for diagnostics and discovery.
Posted Position Title
Healthcare Analytics Lab Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Israel
The Healthcare Analytics Lab within GE Global Research develops novel healthcare solutions to solve critical Healthcare challenges through the innovation and application of next-generation analytics technologies. GE Global Research is now seeking a leader to drive research and development to digitize industrial domain knowledge in Predix platform.
As the Manager of the Lab, you will:
• Lead a team of scientists at GE Global Research within the Analytics Organization. The focus will be to partner with the Technology Leader and businesses on the long-term healthcare analytic execution vision, drive healthcare analytics technology inventions and applications, and transfer these inventions and applications from GE Global Research to the businesses. It will be important to establish key internal and external collaborations, and to recruit top technical talent.
• Collaborate with and provide technical leadership to a team of researchers; Lead the team in the development and deployment of solutions for knowledge capture, representation and reasoning, semantic modeling, information extraction, text mining, massive-scale/big data management and analytic execution, and novel pattern discovery technologies. We apply these technologies in exciting areas such as data-driven decisioning for asset utilization and maintenance, capturing knowledge from unstructured data in field service reports, and utilizing semantic models and knowledge graphs to link, reason from, and infer new knowledge.
• Familiarity with large data sets, cloud-based development and deployment, open source practices and frameworks and experience in putting applications in production is desirable.
• Ensure successful completion of the lab’s technical project assignments, and meet broader organizational objectives, such as budgets and financial commitments.
• Ensure integration of the group’s work with the direction of the Software Sciences and Analytics organization.
• Drive technology program execution and technology transition to the businesses, meeting deliverables, budgets, and schedules, while also contributing technically to projects.
• Develop networks in the GE businesses, with external commercial customers, and with Academia and External Research Partners.
• Represent and promote GE’s healthcare analytics research as applied to Industrial Internet applications in the technical community
• • Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer and/or Systems Engineering with at least 10 years of post-degree experience in Analytics
• Demonstrated leadership competencies, including team management.
• Demonstrated impact, leadership capability and ability to lead, build and energize cross-functional, global teams in high-impact technology areas.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and industry trends; simplify strategy into specific actions, make decisions, and communicate priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to influence at senior levels.
• Strong foundation in the application of knowledge discovery, semantics, and text mining.
• Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge to solve practical knowledge discovery problems.
• Demonstrated ability to produce research recognized by the external community.
• Willingness to travel periodically based on business need.
• An outstanding reputation in the industry based on a solid track record of publications and research.
• Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer and/or Systems Engineering with experience in analytics
• Experience in financial, biotechnology, or engineering applications.
• Professional association recognition, e.g., IEEE, KDD, etc.
• Excellent teamwork and customer focus.
• Ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.