GE Algorithm Developer in Haifa, Israel
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Israel
GE’s Ultrasound systems are market leaders, however Image is no longer enough. The new Ultrasound device is now required to provide diagnostic tools. As algorithm Developer you will help take these products to the next level introucing new tools based on smart image processing and machine learning algorithms.
• Interact with global customers, clinicians and GE personnel to define and document algorithm development needs
• Design, implement, test and document algorithms for Diagnostic PoC ULS products based on customer and clinical needs
• Software development using Matlab, C/C++
• Clinically validate algorithms meet intended use and performance requirements using disciplined scientific and statistical methods with clinically relevant data
• Contribute to the risk analysis of algorithm implementations in terms of the impact on patient safety
• Contribute to and own deliverables of the Software Development Life Cycle including Software Requirements, Software Design, Implementation, Unit Testing, and Verification for algorithms
• Attend scientific meetings, and customer/luminary meetings as necessary to obtain input for new algorithm development
• Publish papers and make scientific presentations to promote Diagnostic PoC ULS algorithm technology
• Provide support to clinical application specialists
• Interaction with global team members to share knowledge and expertise with global counterparts
• Understand and follow GE Health Care Quality Management System and Design Controls throughout the product development cycle
• Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical with emphasis on machine learning and signal processing
• At least 2 years of experience as a Senior researcher or lead engineer in the field of machine learning.
• At least 5 years of experience in C/C++ & Matlab programming skills.
• Experience developing algorithms related to image signal processing – An Advantage
• Knowledge in deep learning models
• Demonstrated ability to write technical requirements
• Demonstrated ability to apply scientific and statistical methods to algorithm development
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience with automated unit testing and automated system level testing
• Proven mentoring and coaching abilities; demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others
• Programming in a real-time environment
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Global team experience
• Experience in software development in the medical field
• Knowledge of GE Healthcare processes and engineering tools
• Demonstrated experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and regulatory compliance processes