General Electric Employee HR Manager in Guangzhou, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. Individual will play a critical role in executing key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints.
• Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies.
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate.
• Serve as the Human Resources/Employee Resources Team subject matter expert for one HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.) including managing all complex and escalated cases as well as providing training and support to other team members at your site/region
• Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
• Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
• Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
• Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
• Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years professional work in the Human Resources function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management. Experience working in a matriced work environment preferred.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
• GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
• PHR/SPHR certification
• Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
• Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment
• Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
• Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
• Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
• Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
• Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
• Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
Locations: China; GuangDong; Guangzhou
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.