GE Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies in Greenville, South Carolina
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Wind Advanced Technologies (WAT) team is responsible for leading New Technology Introduction (NTI) programs focused on reducing the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) for wind power as well as the technical competitive intelligence for the business.
The Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies will be part of the technical competitive assessment team focused on discovering and delivering high value technical competitive intelligence across the organization to support the business’ product and technology planning processes.
As the Senior Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies, you will:
• Stay up to date on industry trends including: order / product announcements and competitive positions, technology developments, and patent landscapes
• Attend important conferences in the region and potentially globally
• Interface with all areas of the business (Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Commercial teams and Sales)
• Develop and grow relationships with external parties such as suppliers, government research groups, and universities
• Support and grow a competitive intelligence database
• Integrate intelligence with other teams’ processes to enable simpler, faster and more robust execution
• Get heavily involved with the Systems team, delivering intelligence on both component design direction and new product conceptual design
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Master of Business Administration from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Wind industry
• Understanding of wind product positioning
• Strong outspoken voice
• Strong understanding of system and component design
• Ability to summarize and communicate complex technical information
• Ability to theorize potential competition and industry moves
• Ability to deal with uncertainty
• Ability to work and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections