GE Power Systems PLM Business Analyst in Greenville, South Carolina
Power Information Technology
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Power Systems PLM Business Analyst
Technical Product Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Power Systems PLM Business Analyst will be a highly visible role within the Digital Thread initiative and Digital Engineering. The individual who fills this position will be moving the Digital Engineering Power Generation PLM application into its next generation. The Business Analyst will be working with business and functional leaders, stakeholders, and users to define, guide, and design solutions for the new PowerPLM environment.
This environment is evolving with emerging technologies utilized for engineering and manufacturing processes that will be right in the middle of the Digital Thread horizontal. The Next Generation PowerPLM environment will be combining data and processes from Gas Power, Steam Power, Aero, ex-Alstom, and the Services organizations, and will be interacting with Commercial, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Services. This will be a challenging, but highly rewarding role which will allow for visibility to senior leadership, while guiding, architecting, and developing the PLM system of the future.
The candidate for this role should be an experienced Business Analyst understanding the lifecycle of a software project, and being instrumental to the success of the project. The candidate should be able to understand business needs, document requirements, and use cases, create functional specifications, design the technical solution, and be able to test the technical solution. The candidate should have good communication and people skills to be able to communicate with end users to gather data, and be able to translate the information to technical solutions. The candidate will be doing BA work for PLM solutions interfacing with both upstream and downstream solutions including Salesforce, ERP, and Oracle. The candidate should have experience with the Dassault 3Dexperience platform. Experience in additional Dassault products of Enovia, Catia, Simulia, Delmia, and Exalead, and Siemens TeamCenter is also a benefit.
In this role, you will:
• Act as a change agent for business processes, working directly with business partners to ensure new processes are communicated seamlessly and provide improvements to overall program execution and delivery
• Leverage Agile skillset to drive additional Agile methodology into major PLM releases
• Design wing-to-wing solutions for a PLM design as well as specific P&L variations for Power Generation Products, Renewables and Distributed Power
• Drive diverse groups to make Key Design Decisions and agree on to-be processes for PLM implementation
• Identify the customer's need, problem or opportunity through the use of interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process maps, use cases scenarios, task and workflow analysis, and define a vision based on these needs.
• Work with different teams to understand requirements, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details and vice versa
• Drive and challenge PLM businesses on their assumptions on the design requests for PLM to drive out of the box solutions.
• Use strong analytical and project management skills as required, including expertise in how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Serve as a liaison with functional groups, lead planning and design of multiple, simultaneous IT initiatives
• Manage project interdependencies with other teams (e.g., data architecture, support, infrastructure source, system owners, business users and management)
• Collaboration and design of the use of PLM across the Digital thread with interaction and integration with Commercial, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 12 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product OR Master’s degree with 8 years of experience OR PhD with 5 years of experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Good knowledge of Enovia PLM Platform
• Experience with Siemens TeamCenter or Dassault Enovia, Delmia, Catia, RFLP, Exalead
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.