GE Lead Engineer, Product Definition, CFD Support in Greenville, South Carolina
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer, Product Definition, CFD Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Join our world class Product Definition team to develop new technical solutions, processes and automation software for the Digital Thread. Work closely with design engineering and manufacturing to solve challenging enterprise problems and effectively communicate business goals and accomplishments across all levels of the organization.
In this role you will:
• Use parametric models to create system assemblies
• Simplify and defeature parametric system assemblies consistent with requirements of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis methodologies
• Generate air-solid representations from simplified assembly models
• Partner with analysis team to create parametric 3D models that can interface with iterative analysis tools to identify optimized geometry
• Identify opportunities to enhance surface/feature tagging as an interface between UG and analysis tools
• Act as liaison between Product Definition and Analysis teams to facilitate and expedite the transfer of information between teams
• Mentor analysis team in the utilization of basic Unigraphics operations necessary for CFD model preparation
• Mentor Product Definition team in relevant CFD requirements as applied to model creation, simplification, and transformation to air solid representation
• Develop a strong foundation in Gas Turbine component product definition and design intent
• Provide modeling, meshing and analysis support for engineering design trade-offs
• Demonstrate leadership and coaching skills
• Guide and mentor other less experienced members of a global cross functional team
• Drive strong sense of ownership, accountability and urgency within the team in meeting critical business metrics
• Support testing and integration of new digital tools and processes
• Demonstrate professional leadership characteristics such as team leading/team building, interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
• Independently drive complex projects to completion
• Juggle a variety of assignments to develop your own career path and professional growth
•Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
•Minimum 3 years of related CFD Analysis and/or modeling experience in support of CFD
•2-year degree (preferably STEM) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related Product Definition Engineering Role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
•Proficiency with NX (UG) or other advanced CAD platform within the context of analysis (CFD) support
•Gas turbine product definition experience with Nozzle, Blade, Shroud, Frame & Casing, Combustion, Uncooled Airfoil or Rotor components
•Experience with Dassault ENOVIA Designer Central or other PLM system
•Programming ability on a variety of platforms, including NX Open, to improve design speed and quality
•Familiarity with manufacturing processes
•Finite element meshing, engineering analysis and tolerance Stack-up knowledge
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections