GE Compressor Aero Design Engineer in Greenville, South Carolina
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Compressor Aero Design Engineer
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Be part of the team that delivered GE’s efficiency World Record. As a aerodynamic design engineer, apply advanced technology to increase gas turbine efficiency and bring power to the people with fewer emissions. Design axial flow compressor and optimize with a cross-functional team using advanced manufacturing, high-fidelity analysis, and data-analytics. Leverage the world’s largest gas turbine factory and most advanced full scale test facility to improve gas turbine design and operation.
• Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
• Document and communicate results of technical data generated
• Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
• Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
• Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Work effectively within cross-functional teams for design, test and implementation activities.
• Assist in developing advanced analytical tools and design methods for improvement of turbine aero design and performance prediction.
BS in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Solid track record using influence skills
Customer satisfaction mindset, ability to work well in a team environment with a positive “can do” attitude
Thorough knowledge of analytical and experimental fluid mechanics
MS/Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
Experienced with 3D CFD analysis for turbomachinery
Laboratory and field test experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections