GE Advanced Manufacturing Works Technician Internship/Co-Op in Greenville, South Carolina
Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Advanced Manufacturing Works Technician Internship/Co-Op
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The GE Power Advanced Manufacturing Works (AMW) facility is the bridge between the research lab and production allowing the implementation of innovative ideas and advanced technology, facilitating the seamless entry into production, and increasing speed to market
Processes supported at AMW include additive 3D printing in both metal and polymer materials, a prototype shop with state-of-the-art equipment including milling, grinding, lathe, EDM, and waterjet machines, and a one-of-a kind ceramics lab.
AMW technical college interns will assist AMW engineers in developing new processes, manufacturing prototype components, and producing limited rate production hardware. Assignments will be hands-on and interns must be willing to learn and work on a wide variety of leading edge manufacturing processes and components.
This is a part-time position meant to provide valuable hands-on experience for technical college students while attending school. The working schedule will be flexible across two shifts.
Assignments will include but are not limited to:
• Performing assigned tasks including setup, installation, calibration, documentation, and operation of advanced manufacturing equipment
• Documenting standard operating procedures for daily operations, inspections, maintenance, and environmental health and safety compliance
• Working with cross-functional teams including New Product Introduction, New Technology
Introduction, Engineering, and Manufacturing
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing a variety of process issues throughout development activities
• Assisting in the investigation, documentation, and correction of process/production issues
• Executing structured experiments to develop robust process parameters
• Supporting Low Rate Initial Production of development programs
• Must be enrolled in an accredited two-year technical school program or higher OR have completed an accredited two year program with a final GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding)
• High School Diploma/GED
• Following majors accepted: CNC Machine Operator, CNC Programmer, Machine Tool Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Metalworking, Drafting/CAD, and Mechatronics. Other technical majors may be considered. Nail Technician and Dental Hygiene majors will also be considered for positions in our ceramics lab
• Capable standing/sitting/walking 8-10 hours per day in a manufacturing environment and comfortably lifting 30 pound tools, fixtures, & components
• PLEASE NOTE: This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export
restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents
and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Added Eligibility Requirement:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
investigation and drug screen.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Students in second year of respective program preferred
• Strong commitment to a career in manufacturing
• Strong attention to detail, especially while working with production processes
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machining or tool and die work including machine setup, fixture indication, work clamping, tool setup, operation, clean up, and maintenance
• Experience with blending, polishing, deburring, and other manual finishing processes
• Experience with geometric dimension and tolerance equipment
• Experience operating and/or programming a CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine)
• Ability and willingness to take input and direction from more than one source and reconcile it to produce high quality work
• Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, equipment malfunctions or
deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
• Strong Windows PC skills, including Word, Excel, email, etc.
• Basic experience with Lean principles
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections