GE Lead Robotics Engineer in Gebze, Turkey
Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Lead Robotics Engineer
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Turkey
The Lead Robotics Engineer will be part of Global RDC Robotics Organization which develops, industrialize and support advanced robotics processes & systems for GE Power business globally. She/he will develop industrial robotic systems, implement them in GE facilities, and provide on-going technical support.
• Manage high impact global projects for GE Power,
• Develop industrial robot applications,
• Develop robot simulation models and off-line programs,
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the robots and associated process equipment,
• Create robotic cell technical requirements and specifications,
• Organize safety risk assessments, design reviews and machine buy-off activities within GE and with equipment suppliers,
• Provide direction and guidance to robotic/automation suppliers,
• Provide technical support to robot operators, engineers and technical workers through system troubleshooting and diagnostics,
• Train operators and engineers in robot programming, maintenance and process applications,
• Maintain schedules for the team's deliverables,
• Communicate progress to all levels of the organization.
• B.S. in a related engineering field,
• Hands on experience in robot operations, sensors, servo systems and motion control systems,
• Working knowledge of machine vision / guidance systems,
• Programming experience in one or more industrial robot brands- FANUC, ABB, KUKA, MOTOMAN,
• Experience in off-line robot programming and simulation packages- RobCad, RoboGuide, RobotStudio, I-Grip,
• Process knowledge in one or more disciplines – Thermal spray coating, welding, surface finishing, sealing, machining,
• Working knowledge of I/O, PLC and bus communication,
• Ability to read mechanical/electrical drawings,
• Advance English language skills,
• Able and willing to travel up to 30% globally,
• Good project management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously,
• Ability to train and share knowledge with others,
• Demonstrated problem solving skills,
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills,
• Minimum 6 years of hands on experience in robotics.
• Familiarity with shop operations and quality systems,
• Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering Degree,
• Product knowledge of gas turbines / turbo machinery is a plus,
• MSc in a related engineering field,
• CAD knowledge- NX is preferred.