GE Power Plant Operations Manager in Galway, Ireland
Power Power Services
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Power Plant Operations Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
This post is based at Tynagh Power Station, Ireland. The post holder will manage resources and logistics required to perform plant operation of all site equipment and systems, including minor maintenance activities.
• Develop and implements operational strategy consistent with achieving maximum plant efficiency to meet customer requirements in the most safe, reliable, economical and environmentally safe manner
• Participate actively as a member of the site management team to drive quality, EHS, commercial intensity, risk control, regulatory compliance and customer focus
• Ensure the development and recording of applicable plant operations data and provide input to reliability and availability initiatives fleetwide
• Ensure the performance and recording of periodic operational checks and tests of the plant equipment in accordance with Customer’s requirements, equipment manufacturers’ recommendations, applicable laws and Contractor’s recommendations
• Ensure compliance with requirements for environmental, health and safety requirements in plant operations
• Provide absence duty coverage for Plant Manager or Maintenance Manager
• Establish and maintain sampling programs to ensure that the chemistry specifications for site equipment and systems are maintained for the required operating, shutdown, or lay-up condition
• Manage the Permit To Work (PTW) System in accordance with the company policies and procedures
• Manage development and implementation of operating procedures
• Develop and implement facility modifications and upgrades to the customer to enhance plant reliability and performance
• Coordinate with GE O&M Centre of Excellence (CoE) team, GE Engineering and other O&M support team for the resolution of complex issues relevant to operations
• Manage the operations portion of the site operating budget
• Prepare and submit reports as per requirements of the contract
• Participate and support plant root cause analysis for plant issues or operational events
• Ensure the training, qualification and certification of the operations team
• Graduate Engineer in Mechanical, Electrical or Controls from an accredited College or University or demonstrated equivalent qualification or experience
• Extensive combined cycle power plant O&M experience including leadership roles
• Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
• Knowledge of commercial processes and budgeting experience
• Knowledge of GE products, services and processes
• Prior customer interface experience
• Good understanding of electricity market operation and developments in Ireland
• English language fluency
• Unrestricted permission to work in the EU
• Willing to travel as required as required for training, cooperation with other functions
• Demonstrated commitment to health and safety standards and ethical standards in business
• Ability to stand, walk, enter confined spaces, crawl, climb ladders
• Please be aware that prior to any offer of employment, candidates will need to consent to and pass a medical examination
• Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training