General Electric Materials Control Coordinator 1 Americas in El Paso, Texas
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Executes the receiving, inspection, disposition, storing, using, staging and distribution of materials required for assembly/manufacturing of product.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Inspect and disposition materials per SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
• Performs root cause analysis, make recommendations and document non-conforming materials
• Perform physical movement of materials from one area to another using handcarts or fork lifts
• Physically and systemically receive/issue individual material requisitions from internal and external departments Quantifies and verifies cycle count
• Process material against purchase orders and work orders using electronic material management system
• Coordinate with on-site and/or off-site warehousing facilities for parts replenishment and material for storage
• Work with appropriate logistics and production personnel to resolve/prevent part shortages
• Maintains/reviews critical documentation necessary for recording, allocating and dispersing a variety of regulated materials.
• Perform cycle audits and physical inventory per schedule.
• Help reconcile inventory discrepancies and report discrepancies to Supervisor
• May assist in training new hires
• Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
• Read and follow work instructions and bills of materials
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concession, Non-Conforming Material, Material Identification & Segregation, Documentation Configuration Control, Good Documentation Practices, Approved Supplier/Sourcing & DMR/DHR requirements as associated with this job type/position.
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• High school Diploma/GED or local equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years experience in supply chain
• Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak in local language
• Proficient in basic mathematics
• Ability to communicate well and work with others
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to consistently lift
• Ability to utilize automatic lifting equipment
• Knowledge of computerized material flow methods
• Basic knowledge of quality and inventory control
• Knowledge of root cause analysis methods
• Prior experience using a forklift and weight scales
Locations: United States; Texas; El Paso
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.