GE Senior Sales Manager in Dublin, Ireland
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. We take the earth’s most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Senior Sales Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
Renewable Wind Sales Managers are responsible for driving profitable growth through increasing sales of GE's world class Renewable Energy products wind turbines. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to work closely with product management, supply chain, finance and commercial operations.
• Create close working relationships with all key personnel at assigned accounts across the Region, and develop a thorough understanding of their project strategies and needs.
• Provide commercial and technical assistance to assigned accounts with their project strategy.
• Ensure GE Renewable Energy Wind products and services have a favorable consideration in all of assigned account’s wind projects
• Identify, develop, and close sales opportunities within assigned accounts and geographic territory
• Identify, understand, and communicate to the Renewables P&W business, customer requirements, from both project specific and their business in general.
• Work effectively in a team environment with Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Project management to ensure the most efficient use of all resources.
• Be accountable for orders, pricing / profitability, risk, terms & conditions, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain accurate and current project and opportunity information with the Sales data base system and manage the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process for assigned accounts.
• Participate in and support wind trade shows, conferences, and other market development activities.
Key measurements will include:
• Performance relative to assigned accounts and region orders, Margins and Cash Operating Plan
• Performance to Goals & Objectives (developed in cooperation with Region Sales Leader)
• Orders forecasting and Sales Data Base accuracy
• Quality and accuracy of Strategy to Win plan developed for Risk Reviews
• Demonstration of GE Growth Traits
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline, Finance, and / or advanced business degree with applicable industry experience or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Practical understanding of: current/emerging requirements of the power generation markets; and customer financial drivers and needs.
• Proven track record, minimum 3 years of relevant sales and\or business development experience in the wind power industry.
• Strong communication skills and confidence with executive level presentations.
• Strong interpersonal, team building, and negotiation skills; ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations.
• Flexible for frequent travel throughout the region
• Consistent track record of meeting performance objectives.
• Self-starter with high energy and ability to energize others.
• Fluency in English.
• Green Belt or Black Belt certification (GE employees only)