GE Senior Analytics Developer (Data Visualization) in Dublin, Ireland
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Treasury team is responsible for global funding, cash and foreign exchange management, and other treasury services for all of GE's worldwide operations. Almost all of GE's debt is issued through GE Capital to support its financial services businesses. GE funds itself through the issuance of long term debt, commercial paper, CDs and bank deposits, and other debt products, as well.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Senior Analytics Developer (Data Visualization)
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
The Lead Data Engineer will work with the team to create state-of-the-art data and analytics driven solutions, working across GE to drive business analytics to a new level of predictive analytics while leveraging big data tools and technologies.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will serve as analytics & visualization developer to build innovative solutions to support a broad range of analysis and outcomes. Partner with teams to create wing-to-wing transactional views, trends and anomalies leveraging GE’s data lake. Look for new ways to harness the data we have for insights and actionable outcomes. Be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units. Potential application areas include remote monitoring and diagnostics across infrastructure and industrial sectors, financial portfolio risk assessment, and operations optimization.
In this role, you will:
• Develop Spotfire reports utilizing advanced data visualization techniques and related SQL with wing to wing responsibility for implementation and support.
• Leverage Treasury Data Lake and data virtualization technologies (Denodo) to deliver new capabilities on tablet and mobile platforms.
• Work on an agile team using Rally to quickly prototype and iterate on ideas
• Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
• Write SQL to explore source data, data issues, etc. Identify impact on existing model/ solution triggered by new/changed requirements.
• Query data from Greenplum, Oracle and MS SQL databases.
• Build and implement models with R and TERR in Spotfire
• Translate business requirements into technical solution. Assess requirements for completeness and accuracy and work with requirement providers to close issues and gaps.
• Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) or equivalent knowledge and experience with proven years of experience as data engineer.
• Some years of experience writing complex SQL
• Some years of experience with BI visualization and/or reporting tools (Expert level knowledge of Modern BI Platforms like Spotfire, Qlik, Tableau etc.).
• GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Exposure to Advanced Analytic applications, capabilities, and delivery via data visualization tools
• Excellent BI Application development skills, as demonstrated by having led, designed and implemented successful projects
• SAP and/or Oracle ERP systems exposure a plus
• Proficiency in at least one data modality (e.g., text, numeric, image), conversant in more than one. Proficiency in multiple ETL /MDM tools.
• Experience implementing Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
• Experience with web technologies such as ASP, HTML and CSS Integration of same with Data Visualization tools (e.g. extensions) a plus Experience with scripting languages like Java Script, Python etc.
• Integrate domain data knowledge into development of data requirements.
• Primary role in recent positions must be as a Lead Visualization Developer or Lead Data Engineer
• Ability to leverage data assets to respond to complex questions that require timely answers
• Conducts exploratory data analysis and generates visual summaries of data. Identifies data quality issues.
• Actively identifies needs for novel methods/tools and works with team to invent as necessary. Validates new tools and methodologies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) & the levers that support the business goals.
• Offers data solutions as a method to achieve bus objectives. Knowledgeable about pricing and cost drivers for Services model(s) of their business; aware of services models of other GE businesses.
• Understands basic functionality and interoperability of product modules / components.
• Does a comparison analysis of trends, implements action towards new direction/trend.
• Articulates the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development.
• Works effectively with multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., UX, GE Business teams) and understands the interconnections between them.
• Uses teamwork skills to achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict.
• Understands strengths and weaknesses of team members, and consistently leverage these to achieve goals.
• Creates a trusting and cooperative environment fostering creativity and knowledge sharing.
• Identifies multiple solutions & provides in depth scenario analyses.
• Identifies and explores alternative solutions. Effectively transitions the solution creation process into action. Identifies solutions that can be proven as both feasible and efficient for creating business value. Prioritizes effectively.
• Demonstrated awareness of presentation and influencing skills
• Asks appropriate questions needed to translate an abstract problem into a quantifiable analysis for identifying solutions.
• Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
• Continuous leaner.
• Demonstrated awareness of how to succeed in ambiguous circumstances