GE Sales Development Manager in Dublin, Ireland
Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Sales Development Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ireland
You’ll lead and be responsible for the strategy and execution of the sales development team in GE Digital. The Sales Development team are creative, quick-thinking and resourceful hunters that identify new opportunities to fuel the GE Digital sales pipeline. In this role, you’ll make meaningful relationships with GE Digital Senior Account Managers and current and potential GE Digital customers.
Under your leadership, your team will maximize external sales selling time and efficiency through qualification of leads, prospect identification, qualification and appointment setting. This position is an integral part of the Sales Team and requires collaborating with regional Sales leaders, Commercial Operations leaders and Marketing.
• Provide clear vision and mission to inside sales team to ensure all members of the organization have clear objectives and priorities
• Achieve or exceed monthly/quarterly quotas of qualified opportunities, qualified meetings for GE Account Managers, and closed business
• Provide the necessary leadership, support and guidance to ensure the inside sales strategy is aligned with business direction and supports accomplishment of GE Digital’s overall business objectives
• Coach and mentor direct reports daily, and hold team accountable for meeting sales objectives. Work closely with your assigned SDRS to:
o develop targeted lists, call strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
o Conduct high level conversations with senior executives in target and prospect accounts
o Expertly articulate the value of GE Digital solutions and overcome objections
o Evangelize GE Digital Solution Stack leveraging your mastery of digital/social selling techniques
• Build efficient processes and tool/identification and elimination of process inefficiencies
• Build and perfect our playbooks that govern our daily and weekly cadence of sales activity informed by approved best practices
• Utilize performance metrics to make data driven decisions for the individual, the team, or the business
• Hire talented Sales Development Reps by recruiting, interviewing, and evaluating a large pool of candidates for core attributes and values essential for the SDR role
• Identify the materials and training needed to up skill SDR team
• Stay current with industry trends and leadership best practices
• CRM experience, serious Salesforce (SFDC) skills preferred
• Outreach.io experience a plus
• College degree or equivalent knowledge and experience. Computer Science, business or technical degree, or equivalent experience
• Proven and relevant sales management experience (people management) in a B2B tech environment selling software solutions and integration services; experience selling in manufacturing or industrial sectors preferred
• Proven sales experience as a successful individual contributor (non-management role)
• Ability to manage a sales team in a structured, disciplined sales environment – and have fun doing it.
• Previous experience accurately forecasting and reporting on team/territory/account activity
• Excellent written/verbal communications skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a face paced environment with excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Proven track record of leadership
• Passion for coaching and developing individuals to achieve/exceed goals – you have to foster talent