General Electric Project Management Specialist - Project Planning in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
Ensures project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario. Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections of time and cost. Ensures other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer. Major contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team. Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures. Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues. Targeted clients. Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks. Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
• Builds ITO integrated schedules and cost estimates
• Support PM to align project planning and budgets to as sold
• Build OTR project schedule and project budgeting, get them approved (baselined) and set them up in schedule and cost tools
• Ensures compliance to the Global Standard process for Project Controls
• Maintain project schedule and cost forecast throughout project
• Analyse schedule and cost trends and provide forecasted schedule and cost to project team
• Maintain a register of potential schedule and cost risks
• Maintain a register of actual and committed costs
• Checks and controls time and cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and paces, validates accuracy of estimates
• Communicates schedule and cost status/forecasts/risk to functional cost owners and drives/supports risk mitigation
• Provides internal and external project reporting of project status, promotes the usage of collaborative tools such as Tableau, Unifier
• Collaborate with 3rd parties on project schedule and cost
• Attends project and management reviews to present all schedule and financial data in a transparent way
• Provides change order calculations to ensure schedule and cost estimates are accurate
• Updates changes in appropriate systems to ensure schedule and costs are aligned to the current situation
• Aligns with Finance Controller to ensure reconciliation takes place between approved project financial data and books
• Support project close out and claims
• Provide support to tenders
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Project Management).
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
5+ years planning large turnkey projects
2+ projects providing cost controlling and/or cost estimate on large turnkey projects
• Planning and Scheduling
• Cost estimating and forecasting
• Project Accounting & Controlling
• Local GAAP awareness
• Data handling skills (Excel, SAP…)
• Commercial awareness
• Communication (English language a must)
• Proactive attitude
• Thorough and precise
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.