GE Manufacturing Engineer - Cladding in Dammam, Saudi Arabia
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Surface
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Engineer - Cladding
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Saudi Arabia
The role will demonstrate accountability & business objectives for Manufacturing process flows & continual improvements. Responsible for defined work or projects, including ownership of VCP/Cost Out/Improvement Projects, new product introductions, quality, training, & direct Manufacturing Engineers reports. Interactions across all business functions, with regards to quotes, New P&E recommended investments, EHS & is involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
• Provide effective leadership for Manufacturing Engineering throughout the Cladding plant which includes responsibilities in EHS, employee engagement, achieving goals in production, cladding efficiency, cost out, and quality in conjunction with the business goals and objectives
• Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), documenting process changes, driving process/fixture/method improvements, driving lead and cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) actions
• Define investment and expense needs, driving from preparing for approvals to completion.
• Ownership and leadership of VCP/Cost-Out projects/Continual Improvement/Lean Manufacturing projects
• Compile Budget forecast for Cladding requirements and controlling Cladding expenses.
• Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements
• Develop and implement process improvements to reduce costs and cycles
• Design necessary fixtures for Cladding NPI’s and for process improvements
• Control of creation and system updates of cladding programs
• Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
• Bring new ideas and positive support to the current process
• Implement productivity actions in order to improve the process and respect objectives
• Participate in EHS related actions, to improve safety
• Lead and effectively interface with operations, sales, marketing, and other support teams to contribute to quotes, complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, cost savings, and new product development goals within schedule and budget
• Interface with vendors and internal contacts in an effective manner to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is properly conveyed
• Assure that all engineering designs and technical data are complete and accurately documented to provide an accurate technical/historical base for future reference and to meet customer / end user requirements.
• Liaise with Engineering on design queries and proposals of design change to decrease manufacturing cycle times
• Bachelor’s Engineering degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED or at least 10 years of manufacturing experience)
• Sound knowledge of Cladding principles and metallurgy
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Metrology is preferred
• Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing is preferred
• Hands-on experience in Manufacturing and Cladding
• Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing/operations/engineering) is preferred (GE employees only)
• Six Sigma training is preferred
• Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects
• Strong project and team leadership